Sunday, August 5, 2012

PICTURE RAILS

When we moved down to the house in Wollongong we found that we didn't have anywhere to hang our pictures unless we banged holes in a lot of walls.  The previous house we lived in we put up picture rails to solve this problem.  So once more we had to find a reliable person to do the job.  We found him and four years later we decided we needed more and he has come to the rescue once again.

I don't understand why picture rails became unfashionable.  I think they are the perfect hanging solution.  You can double up pictures one under the other just by using longer wires. 

Australian Pottery and woodblock and lino prints.
Prints on picture rail.  Pottery by Helen Dunkerley, Avital Sheffer, Peter Cooley and Gunda.


A long time ago I made a lot of pictures.  I made lino and woodblock prints as well as a lot of paintings.  I have now hung a lot of these up as well as my collection of pokerwork doiley holders which also make for a beautiful decoration.  I have included photos to show this.



Pokerwork
Pokerwork doiley holders on wall.  Australiana collection in cabinet. Pokerwork vases on top of cabinet






In the glass cabinet above you will see my collection of Australian pottery souvenirs from the 1950's - 1960's.  Mine are mainly aboriginal motifs and Sydney Harbour Bridge motifs.


Pokerwork on wall
Cane chair and Pot stand




Cane whatnot.

Cane chair and pokerwork Pot stand.

Later on I will display my other collections.  So stay tuned.










1 comment: