Monday, April 23, 2012

Misanthrope Encounters Facebook

Well I have done it.  I have joined the facebook brigade.  I resisted as long as I could but was overwhelmed by my frustration to contact a wonderful alpine strawberry site and its owner Michael Wellik.

For those who want to read heaps about these wonderful fruit go to www.fraisesdesbois.com/. 

I have been having problems with germination of the seeds.  They germinate and grow one true leaf and then stop.  You need at least 3 true leaves to up-pot.  Just another catch 22 in the life of a strawberry grower.  I don't know if it's the weather or just "white soul" the strawberry in question, or the seed raising mixture or what? 

Awaiting Michael's comments on the matter.  Will let you know of any further developments.


No comments:

Post a Comment